THE INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED:
- Ground Chuck – 2-4 pounds 80/20
- Bacon – 2 pounds regular cut (Pork Belly)
- Shot Glass
- Buns – 6
WE STUFFED ‘EM WITH:
- Cheese – chunked/shredded (your favorite will do)
- Grilled Onions
- Bell Peppers – Red/Green
- Tomato – chopped
- Roast Beef
- Canned Chili
- BBQ Sauce
- Bring grill temperature up to 300 degrees Fahrenheit with coals offset for indirect cooking.
- Sauté mushrooms, onions, and peppers.
- Heat up beef hash, chopped tomato, bacon, roast beef, and canned chili. (Or your favorite toppings. Just make sure your stuffing ingredients are pre-cooked)
- Make hamburger balls, 4-5 ounces each. Make sure meat is cold.
- Press shot glass into center of each meatball forming a pocket around the shot glass.
- Wrap bacon around each one.
- Using a dish towel, remove shot glass from meatball carefully.
- Do this until all meatballs have been formed.
- Take stuffing/toppings and start placing inside meatball pockets. Use your favorite toppings.
- Chunk cheese and place inside desired meatballs or top with shredded cheese.
- Add a few dashes of hot sauce or bbq sauce.
- Place bacon burgers opposite hot coals for indirect cooking.
- Put lid on grill and cook for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes rotate burgers for even cooking.
- Cook until desired doneness.
- Place bacon burgers on buns.
- Top with favorite condiments.
- Serve with fries, chips, cole slaw, potato salad, or grilled vegetables.
- Sit back, relax, and enjoy!!
For more amazing recipes, head on over to BBQ Pit Boys!