How AMAZING and easy do these look! And we all know I love anything that is wrapped in BACON!.
These look simple to assemble, tasty and I can imagine will be a real crowd pleaser when entertaining.
So print this off! and if you have any bacon wrapped recipes, I would love to hear from you!
- 1 can (16.3 oz) Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Flaky Layers refrigerated original or buttermilk biscuits
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef, cooked or 16 frozen (thawed) cooked meatballs
- 1 block (8 oz) Cheddar cheese, cut into 16 cubes
- 16 slices bacon
- Long toothpicks or skewers
- Canola oil for frying
- 1Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Cut each biscuit in half; press with hands into circle about 3 inches in diameter.
- 2In center of each biscuit round, place 2 tablespoons cooked ground beef (or 1 meatball) and 1 cube of cheese. Wrap dough to completely enclose beef and cheese; pinch seams to seal.
- 3For the Fried Version: Wrap each stuffed “bomb” with 1 bacon slice; gently secure loose bacon with toothpick by inserting it through bacon and halfway into “bomb.” In 3-quart heavy saucepan or deep fryer, heat oil to 350°F. Fry stuffed “bombs” 4 to 5 minutes or until dough is golden brown on all sides. Place on paper towels to cool. Repeat with remaining “bombs”. Serve warm with ketchup and mustard, if desired.
- 4For the Baked Version: Heat oven to 400°F. Place bacon on foil-lined cookie sheet with sides. Bake about 8 minutes to partially cook bacon. Wrap each stuffed “bomb” with 1 slice partially cooked bacon slice. Place bacon wrapped dough 2-inches apart on two foil-lined cookie sheets with dough seam side down. Bake 13 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with ketchup and mustard, if desired.