This is all about easy entertaining in a small space. Kevin Lynch has created these burgers form his closet-size kitchen.
These burgers have all of the flavors of jalapeño poppers with their jalapeño and cream cheese filling and their bacon wrapping and coat of melted cheddar cheese.
You can go wrong with bacon wrapped anything! I will be giving these a go on the weekend.
For more amazing recipes check out Closet Cooking. You can purchase a book here at Closet Cooking.
- 6 jalapeno peppers
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/2 pound ground beef
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 strips bacon
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 leaves lettuce
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Grill the jalapeños over medium-high heat until charred all over, about 6-8 minutes.
- Place the peppers in a zip-lock bag or other sealable container, seal and let them cool until you can handle them, about 20 minutes.
- Pinch the skins off of the peppers, cut in half and remove the seeds.
- Dice 2 of the jalapeño peppers and mix into the cream cheese.
- Divide the beef into 8 equal portions, form into patties, place 1/4 of the cream cheese mixture on 4 of them, top with the free patties, pinch the sides closed to seal and form into patties again.
- Season the patties with salt and pepper to taste and wrap each with 2 strips of bacon.
- Brush the grill with oil and grill the burgers over medium-high heat until cooked, about 4-5 minutes per side, topping each patty with a slice of cheese after flipping.
- Assemble the burgers and enjoy!